Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care:
- Provides compassionate and expert end-of-life care to patients and their families;
- Partners with those who share our vision;
- Leads change in the community to ensure comfort for all who face serious illness.
Our Core Principles
Hospice care is about living.
- We see every day of life as precious as we help our patients and family members celebrate it to the very end.
- We support each other in the important service that we provide, helping to find meaning and joy in our own lives.
- End-of-life events are universal.
- We recognize this elicits compassion for those we serve. It is the foundation of unwavering support we offer to those affected by the end stages of life.
- We treat all patients and their families as we would our own, striving to facilitate the peaceful transition we would wish for our loved ones and ourselves.
- Comfort and dignity should be accessible to all.
- We serve our community with honesty and integrity, and support any and all who are in need of our services.
- Through responsible stewardship of our resources and dedicated support from our community, we ensure our continued ability to reach those in need, regardless of background, class, or legacy.
- Every life experience is exceptional.
- We understand our care must be equally exceptional.
- Each patient’s journey is unique and each has different goals and challenges to overcome. We nurture the strengths and talents of each of our employees and volunteers to provide excellent, individualized care.
- To listen is to understand.
- We recognize the value of understanding and know that clear communication is essential to cultivate trust.
- We listen because we know we might be the first to do so. We want to hear and understand – our patients, our families, our community, and our colleagues.
- Hospice and palliative care is ever-changing.
- We are leaders in end-of-life care – it is our duty to innovate and adapt on behalf of our patients.
- We are committed to empowering ourselves and our community through continuing education and collaboration with our partners.
- Optimism is powerful and contagious.
- We embody positivity by letting our passion for end-of-life care and our joy of serving others lead our interactions.
- We recognize the impact of our attitudes on patients, families, and each other, and strive to create an enriching environment for all.
Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care – Honored to walk this journey with you.