Caring for a loved one is not easy, and most of us feel unprepared to meet all of the physical and emotional needs of our loved one. You are not alone! Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care provides support for family caregivers to help you care for your loved one.
Our team provides expert medical care with oversight by physicians and nurse practitioners.The team also includes nurses and certified nursing assistants, counselors, chaplains, pharmacists and volunteers — all of whom specialize in end-of-life care. They will tailor care plans to meet the specific needs of your loved one. The number of weekly visits from each discipline may vary depending on patient needs and desires. However, we’re just a phone call away — 719 633-3400 — if you have questions or need help.
We also provide detailed Training Sheets (see below) for caregivers about a variety of topics including Advance Directives, Medications, Skin Care, Self-Care for the Caregiver… and more than 40 other topics to help you meet the physical and emotional needs of your loved one. Your Care Team will teach you about the topics that apply to your loved one’s needs, and you can always access copies on our website. There also links to numerous online resources. We often refer family caregivers to caringinfo.org, another good resource for hospice and palliative care information.
We know that caregiving can be a balancing act, but with these tools and the support of your Care Team, you can enhance your loved one’s care and your time together.
- Advance Directives
- Advance Directives-Spanish
- As Death Approaches
- As Death Approaches-Spanish
- Cardiopulmonary Resusciation (CPR)
- Emergency Instructions
- Emergency Instructions-Spanish
- Food and Fluid at End of Life
- Food and Fluid at End of Life-Spanish
- Getting Emotional Support
- How to Dispose of Unused Medicines
- How to Dispose of Unused Medicines-Spanish
- Implanted Heart Rhythm Devices
- Managing Constipation
- Managing Feelings of Anxiety
- Managing Feelings of Sadness
- Managing Restlessness and Agitation
- Medication Management-Spanish
- Managing Pain
- Managing Pain with Medications
- Religious & Spiritual SupportRespiratory Secretions
- Safety in the Home
- Safety in the Home-Spanish
- Skin Care
- Trouble with Breathing
- Why is My Loved One a “Coroner’s Case?”
- Managing an Implanted Catheter (CVC)