Medicare and Medicaid both provide coverage for basic hospice services, including:
- Physician services for the medical oversight of the patient’s care
- Home care visits by registered nurses and licensed practical nurses to provide appropriate care to maintain comfort
- Nursing assistants to address the patient’s individual personal needs, such as dressing and bathing
- Spiritual and couseling services for the patient and their loved ones
- Volunteer support
- Medications related to the patient’s hospice diagnosis
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, commodes, etc.
- Medical supplies, such as bandages and catheters
- Short-term general inpatient care
- Bereavement counseling and support services for 12 months after the patient’s death.
For more information, view the U.S. Government website, www.medicare.gov.
Most private insurance plans also have some hospice provision. Check with your health insurance provider for specific details.
For additional information or questions, please contact us or call (719) 633-3400 and ask to speak with one of our Finance professionals.